Information Technology Operations and Maintenance Service Delivery Consultant
Shelby L. Moroney,
Job Title/# Position(s) Open:
IT O&M Service Delivery Consultant (1 position)
Job Location (Include Zip Code):
Department of Veterans Affairs, FCS
7600 Metropolis Dr, Austin, TX 78744
Department of Veterans Affairs - FSC
Shift Schedule/Hours Per Week:
ONSITE: Monday – Friday Shift Day Shift 40Hrs
- Master’s Degree in business, engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- 10 years work experience
- 2 years of additional work experience can be substituted for 1 year of college
Pre-screening interview by TRA SME, Interview by Prime Contractor, and interview by Government Manager.
Candidate will provide day to day consulting services and support to Senior VA IT Managers that oversee the delivery of IT operations and maintenance support to the VA Financial Services Center. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the customer in the evaluation, design and implementation of IT Service Operations functions including: Event Management, Incident management, Problem Management, Access Management, Service Desk, Technical Management, Application Management and Vendor Management. Identify risks or issues in the execution of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) functions and provide mitigation recommendations. Identify opportunities to enhance effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery and support of O&M services. Provide recommendations to implement enhancements while maintaining current service levels.
This resource will support the VA FSC with the design, development, and implementation of a full-scale IT O&M service delivery and governance model for the Integrated Financial Management System (iFAMS).
The individual will be responsible for executing the following tasks:
•Baseline current-state IT O&M service delivery model and processes
•Develop/design a comprehensive future-state IT O&M service delivery and governance models
•Develop O&M processes, including change management, release management, configuration management and security processes
•Integrate work from the Service Desk into O&M to facilitate seamless resolution of technical issues
•Develop an O&M quality assurance and reporting plan
•Support development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between service providers and customers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• 7+ years of experience with IT service operations, design, and implementation
• ITIL/ITSM certification
• Project Management
• Strong Visio and Excel skills
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
1) IT Service O&M and design experience in organizations similar in scope to the Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
2) Ability to provide consulting and advisory service to customers
3) Strong written and verbal communication skills
4) Responsible, reliable and flexible
5) Passion for learning and knowledge transfer.
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Service Management - Foundations and especially Practitioner Certifications
3) Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Service Now
4) Ability to lead and influence.